Friday, December 18, 2009

5 gifts included in yesterday's Yankee Swap

At yesterday's office holiday potluck, we had a Yankee Swap, otherwise known as a White Elephant. The gift I brought was two plastic margarita glasses. As it got closer, I became a little afraid that my gift was too jokey, and everyone else's would be nice. Boy, was I wrong. Here are five of the gifts that were swapped.

1. A pair of Christmas socks and a small can of Lysol disinfectant spray.
2. Two candles, one a rather psychedelic turtle, the other a disturbingly realistic duck.
3. Two books written in Urdu, one about how to make sherbet and one about sexual disorders.
4. A salad spinner that had clearly been sitting in someone's cupboard, unused, for at least a couple of years.
5. A set of cheese-cutting utensils.

Know what I got? The Urdu books. Happy holidays to me!

1 comment:

LJ said...

You know, if you wanted to give your dear sister some books in Urdu... I bet she'd love them.